Please be aware that although this property is on one level i.e. bedroom, lounge, shower room, and kitchen, the rear access is by 18 steps which lead down from your parking area, so will not be suitable for persons who struggle with mobility. We have two additional properties that are disabled friendly and we would be happy to advise you in your choice.
- The Garden Cottage is an annex attached to the owners own property, it is all on one level, Twin, lounge, kitchen and shower room.
- The Garden Cottage has an audible smoke and heat detection system .
- Mobile-phone networks reception varies.
- Steps to the garden
- Parking is available via a private gated entrance, with rear access to the property down some 18 concrete steps no handrails.
- The parking surface is uneven and shale
- Lighting outside the cottage is via a outdoor light with a sensor, a torch is recommended.
- Steps to rear door, this door is 607mm with outward opening, there is one step into kitchen.
- The entrance door has a lever handle with turn key lock.
- The doors have glass viewing panel in the upper half of the door
- Hallway to living room 704mm wide
Shower room WC and HB
- Shower room door width 701mm
- The cream sink and toilet is colour contrasted against its background
- There is a cubical shower.
- The shower controls are at a height of 1140mm with a dial to switch on /off and adjust the temperature
- The shower head is height adjustable
- The height of the toilet seat is 405mm.
- There is no shaver point
- The flooring is carpet
- Lighting is good within the bathroom
- The sink has separate twist taps
- There is a large mirror over the sink.
- There are no grab rails each side of the sink.
- There are no grab rails by the toilet.
- There are no grab rails in the shower.
- The height of the beds are 60mm, with a reasonably firm surface. Doorway 701mm.
- The flooring is carpet
- The door has a lever handle
- There is storage available at a range of heights
- Lighting is available at the bedside
- Manoeuvrability within the room is good, however the property and its flooring type is not conducive to wheelchairs.
- Most storage is accessible from a seated position
- The kettle is cordless and easy to grip and operate
- The microwave is accessible from a seated position.
- The electric oven and hob controls are located at the front of the appliance. The grill is located in the oven and cannot be accessed from seated position.
- The sink has a twist mixer tap.
- The fridge is located on the floor and easy to access height of 80mm from floor
- The lounge is on the ground floor
- There is seating available with arm rests and back support
- A TV and DVD is present, with the use of remote control and Teletext facilities
- Colour contrast is good between walls and furniture and the room is bright and airy
We have tried to make this access statement as comprehensive as possible, however, if there is anything that has not been covered and you would like further information please contact Grace on 01558 668287 to discuss.